Online banking is one of the greatest advantages of being online, the simplicity of accessing your account information from the convenience of a computer, but there are some important things to note so you don’t put yourself (and your money) at risk!
How to Help Protect Your Account
• Do not access your account from a shared computer.
• Make sure your computer has antivirus, firewall and anti-spyware programs, including security software with automatic updates.
• If you are using wireless service, check the settings on your computer to make sure the connection is encrypted. Don’t connect to your account using a public network, like the ones you find at a coffee shop or at the airport.
• Review your statements regularly and carefully, and report any suspicious activity to your bank as soon as you get your statement.
• Use a strong password with letters and numbers combined. Don’t use the same password for multiple accounts.
• As important as it may sound, do not let others know your password.
• Log out after every session.